Friday, December 31, 2010

A look behind to look ahead

words to describe last year-
new
track season-
winning medals
good times
a year without being in the unit (well until October)
amazing teachers
summer vacation- awesome
growing
tested
trials
hopeless
hopeful
helpless
emotionally drained
thankful
grateful
humbled
traveling
family
tired
triumphant
diligent-
my word for the year was to thrive- and not just survive- not sure it was thriving
hurt
isolated
loved
finally realized it was time
thankful for those who care so much
glad I am not alone
heard
safe vs not safe
numb

I leave 2010 knowing 2011 has other hurdles to go over but what I came away with from 2010 more then any other year is the fact I am not alone and realize how much we are loved and cared about- how much when you ask for help- need a shoulder to cry on- a hug- someone to vent to or scream at they will be there. When you need someone to push you to make a decision that you do not want to do but know you have to do it for the best interest of your child and yourself they will help you along the way-
my heart was ripped out and thrown on the ground but certain things had to be done this year for my child - no one clearly understands what I have been through- they just understand I need my family and friends to be there for me- this year coming will be another year of trials- but yet I know I have the most amazing people in my life to help us get through and I serve the most amazing God to give me strength and wisdom

Happy New Year my friends

No comments: