Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hope


I received a special gift from a very dear friend of mine yesterday - it was a bracelet with the word Hope all around it and I also received a photo frame with Marcus and I in it with the word Hope on it. I really did not think about the word til today when I was at work looking at the frame with those words on it-
It made me think even tonight what this word really means- here is the dictionary definition

hope (hp)
v. hoped, hop·ing, hopes
v.intr.
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic To have confidence; trust.
v.tr.
1. To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will be successful.
2. To expect and desire. See Synonyms at expect.
n.
1. A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
3. One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team's only hope for victory.
4. often Hope Christianity The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.
5. Archaic Trust; confidence.

I thought to myself I lost hope or it was not there over the last month or so or I just can not imagine but I guess I felt hopeless - not looking or expecting a positive outcome- not looking forward to what was ahead-why because I do not know what is ahead I still do not - and yet today I can be full of hope- why because there is a plan a plan to help Marcus and myself- God has a plan - and I need to continue to be confident in what He has planned- I know I may not always feel hopeful or full of hope and yet I know my friends will be there to remind me-

Thank you my dear friend for the reminder of the Hope that I have in Christ through all circumstances-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so I guess HOPE is 2011 word?