Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

As I sit listening to the Gaither's Christmas on TV- I am reflecting on the day and the last few days- and how thankful I am for good days-I hold them close- just because you never know when the tide will turn- I take each day as a gift now more then ever- and so blessed and thankful when they are as good as they have been over the last few days
So highlights- well Marcus asked Santa for a bell from Rudolph's neck- because he wanted to believe he was real- he wanted proof- well if you could have seen the look on his face ( I think Lori got a picture) it was truly priceless when he found the bell at the bottom of his stocking- who would have thought a small bell would bring a child that much delight.
Marcus got a football from grannie and papaw and played with that most of the afternoon with papaw and Dakota.
My son only asked for a few things and one was a bible word search- in which Santa had found and he was thrilled with that as well- it is apretty good one- I like it - not just words but the meaning of them- bible verses etc- Santa did good :)

Honestly - I was not looking forward to celebrating this year cause I truly did not know what the day would bring- but I had to trust in God today more then ever - for wisdom and guidance. More then ever I have had to rely on Him - because of not knowing which way to turn- God has His hand on Marcus- I dedicated him 5 years ago when I adopted him and need to trust God with him- He has amazing plans for him- the times we are going through now just means God has an amazing testimony for him on the other side-
So today was amazing- truly blessed by the day- I was smiling as I was driving home with tears in my eyes as I listened to Marcus play Bop it for an hour and half- it was truly a delight

No comments: