Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fires



We had a fire near the house last week or so- I love to watch and smell the fire- not closely - fires are relaxing to me-
so as I was walking with the dog we passed by the area - I was listening to my ipod and my praise and worship songs were on- and I stopped for a moment to look at the burnt area. As a biology major I had to take ecology and this is what I had learned from that class

Immediately after a large-scale fire, some places will have no vegetation at all and no living trees left. If the fire occurs during the growing season, some plants will re-emerge within days after the fire. After a year, a tremendous amount of new forb and grass growth occurs. Within 4-5 years, woody plants become more evident such as bushes and sapling trees. This is a successional forest, and it is an extremely important type of habitat for plants and animals - additional sunlight fosters diverse plant growth and therefore more food sources for plant-eating animals.


In essence the forest regrows thicker and lusher better then before. Why am I telling you this?
Well as I was looking - I was praying and it was like God telling me you may be going through the fire right now and things need to die (Marcus' past) so he can have a fresh - and better life ahead-I need to take more walks and have quiet time-

2 comments:

Melissa said...

hmmm yes you do! That is some good stuff there girl! Thank you for sharing what God is showing you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Praying with you. I think of you guys often and I have always only wanted Marcus to be successful. I hope he finds his "new growth" and inner peace to be a high functioning, happy young man.

Sonya Britt