Saturday, November 6, 2010

well....

this past week or so my emotions have gone all over the place- and really I am the only one who really knows- so let me share it with so you get a better understanding
the first couple of days it went from having part of my heart ripped out and feeling a lone- the house was empty
then that feeling went to being defeated (a few days he did not want to see me) - this was the same time where I kept questioning what else do I need to do or could have done- how much better of a parent could I have been and how can I become better- to feeling like a failure-
oh I have friends telling me otherwise but you know sometimes you hear the words until you keep pressing in and praying - for God to help you through-
so I had a mini breakthrough ( which was good) for me- when I spoke to the nurse yesterday and she said he flips ike a light switch and you never know when it is going to happen- I went yes finally someone gets it someone sees it-and it is not just me-
you see- he is broke (for lack of better words) and no matter how hard I try to fix him- I can't - I can not fix my son from the past from the present and from the future- how he chooses to control himself is so up to him. How he is made up was not my choice and that I can not change it

What can I do- I can trust God with wisdom on how to handle him- trust God with the resources he has allowed us to have. Keep asking -for friends just to give me a hug and let me know they are there- oh they may not know what to say or do- but knowing I can count on a hug is powerful. I can ask my friends to help me laugh -it does wonders- I can ask friends to help me stay grounded and have their perspective- some may not get it but another view is sometimes good.
I do ask my friends not to tell me they know how I feel- because again they truly do not- and my close friends they do not cause they get it. Even if you been in my similar shoes you still do not know how I feel and you will never cause my situation may be similar to yours but not the exact same-

You know we go through things in life for reasons- I still believe I am going through all for reasons far beyond my understanding- for I know I am not alone and I know someone else is going through something similar as I am (not exactly) but similar-

I am not alone- I have friends family school staff (awesome as always) who are there lending a hand trying their best to let me know I am not alone
I know these are ramblings of a crazy woman :) lol

1 comment:

Melissa said...

These are NOT ramblings! You put into words exactly what you are thinking and feeling. I do not know what you are feeling but I can tell you that I love you, support you and believe that you are a great mom who is/has done everything you can for him. The longer he is in this place the more the professionals will see and they can help him.
We are praying for you and for M. WE love you!