Saturday, November 20, 2010

Family Tree

I was taking my bike ride early Friday morning- when I came across a beautiful tree- I love to look at trees- it had a full canopy and I am not quite sure of what it was - it reminded me of a tree we had in one of our pastures in Venice- huge -

Well it got me thinking of a family tree- well you have your genealogy family tree but you also have another family tree - one that is significant in changing your lives on a daily basis. I love my genealogy family and they are awesome-they make up the other family tree as well- its those people who pour into your lives daily -weekly etc- I know I have been talking a lot about the people in our lives a lot lately - well- its been a bit of a rough month for us so I just want to let those who touch our lives know how much I appreciate them and their support for us and love for us.

We’ve added to our family tree
A stronger one to make
A child from another plant
Has become our new namesake.
Just as a limb is grafted
From one tree to another,
It alters and improves the plant
Making it, uniquely, like no other.
Our family tree has been improved
Adoption made this so.
For love, much more than bloodlines,
Makes us thrive and grow.
We chose to share our life and love
And all the joys to come
Our “family tree” has blossomed
With the arrival of our cherished one.

No comments: