Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What is going on

So work has been very busy and stressful- however I am trying to look at it with a positive attitude and trusting God with what needs to happen- sometimes being in authority and responsibility is not to my liking but it is an opportunity for me to grow- to make mistakes and to learn- I am definitely out of my comfort zone right now and just need help from my Father above- keep praying things are about to change for the best I believe

As far as home life it is going well- each day is a new day - Marcus is doing well- he has his moments but nothing volatile over the past week- and yesterday and amazing happened- which means we are definitely going in the right direction- he was doing push ups for track and did not want to do them he slumped to the floor voiced he was angry ( good this is good) and took himself to the calm room (no prompting from mom) and calmed himself down - this is a big step - I normally have to prompt him- came out and said he was angry because he had to do push ups and sit ups- I said ok however that is what your coach has asked you to do- he said I know and then proceeded to do what was asked and be done- so nice so nice

How I handle thing has changed to- following directives from others - counselors and psychologist etc has helped and it is just the little changes that I do that Marcus has no clue- what I am doing :) I am not saying everyday is all quiet and sane- that would be lovely however my stress level at home has gone way down as far as Marcus. So step by step- day by day

Track is going well- He keeps telling me he loves to run the mile- and I am like fabulous you love that- so- we do have a meet Saturday in Tampa- for all those nearby come out and watch him run- I love it- why brings back my swimming days but more importantly I am watch him run and have fun at it- so thankful we found this group of wonderful people.

No comments: