Monday, June 22, 2009

Sometimes I am so surprised

Trying to teach Marcus it is not all about him and we need to think of others is a task - however I think we have made progress-
We went grocery shopping over the weekend and there was a gentleman on the median by the light with a sign that simple said hungry- normally I just do not think of giving them anything but felt God stir in my heart to give - I had some cash on me which is a miracle in itself- so I made a U turn and went to Sonic- in the drive thru- ordered and waited- waited waited- they forgot what I ordered- so when they finally brought it out they said no charge- God is so good-
So I swung back around and gave it to the man ( of course Marcus thought the meal was for him) Marcus was like I thought that was for me- I said no we have food at home and we need to begin to think of others that do not have-
so yesterday we were talking and just when you do not think kids pay attention they surprise you- he said out of the blue mommy I want to help others who are hungry-I said great-so he is going to help with the homeless ministry at church on Saturdays and the foundation that is over the track team does outreaches too- so I am glad he is thinking of others -

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Very cool! Very Cool!