Sunday, February 8, 2009

PTSD- what can you do to help

Visual Poetry - ImageChef.com

Okay- well this is me thinking- now that we know for sure of what Marcus diagnosis is- we can figure out triggers and how to help in the healing process- although my true belief is that God is going to miraculous heal him- until then I know God will give us the tools to help in the process until the healing is complete.

First- acting out in aggressive and volatile anger is still not acceptable-he has been given the tools to work through this - and persevering is what we will do-

Second- bear hugging and rocking him and holding him is what needs to be done- restraint only if he is causing harm to himself or others- he did not have that attachment as a young child- Pastor Larry spoke on this today in regards to encouraging and affirming our children- it is so important so very important to start so young- can you imagine not being told that you were a good person- that you are bad- For me even in the most difficult meltdowns I need God's guidance in what I need to speak to my son- to let him know I am not giving up on him and no matter what he does I will always love him- (so many times this was not happening for him)

Third- this is a learning process- and I am learning his triggers slowly- so slowly- raising a voice- is not good- sets him off- as I learn more and figure what his triggers are I will share-
belts and guns being mentioned are also not a good thing- he has shared somethings with me about this.

Love Him- no matter what - ask me what helps him- ask me - I am so glad we have pinpointed what is going on so I can work with him and help him all the more - We will overcome this!

Today Marcus felt the girls in CC were being mean not wanting to sit by him- when he in fact was trying to sit very close and he was asked to by the girls not too- he did not listen so they went to mr adam well that did not fly with Marcus at all and set him off- Adam tried holding him and got his jaw wacked- I took over and rocked him and thought all was well- nope he took off that is when the choir saw him- I do not chase (especially in a dress and heals) so as I am walking around to the front of the church- I am praying Lord just give me wisdom now- did not chase him just made sure he was safe- of course then he picked up 2 rocks and I am thinking whose windshield are those going through- he threw them down when asked Thank you God and I was able to hold him while walking in to the church- then he put up another fight- Pastor T and I were able to speak with him finally and I was able to walk him to the sanctuary- so he sat on my lap and I hugged on him partially from exhaustion and partially cause I know he just needed to know he was still loved-we rocked and I whispered in his ear I loved him- He fell asleep in my arms- ( i love this)

so he was fine and then JBQ happened - he is so smart- we study in the car and the boy can answer questions- quizzed out all 5 matches today and answered a few higher point questions then normal - a proud moment

We just got finished with a small melt down moment but I am overcoming- God is truly helping me work on this -so thankful I am not alone-

So for PTSD I really do not like it but you know what we will overcome it- God is going to heal him of it- and if he uses me to do it fine - just keep me in prayer- for wisdom- for direction- for mercy

No comments: