Saturday, May 31, 2008

The things you learn the hard way


Okay so I was a little hopeful in that Marcus would maintain his composure and attitude at prayer and pancakes but I was wrong- I was hoping the great behavior would continue on at IHOP at 1 in the morning but I was wrong.

So next time we have prayer and pancakes we will be leaving out the pancakes part and coming home.

So last night a group of Northsiders gathered at the church for prayer at 11 pm - call it crazy but my heart was reignited for missions in such a way it was only too be God- I love missions but there was something different when I prayed last night that just overwhelmed me with emotion - I think the chair I was at is soaked with tear stains- I mean I sobbed - and was just amazed with compassion for missions -

We always hear that God's heartbeat is for missions- and I believe that as well - but there are no words I can express for how my heart felt last night and early this morning.

I have been praying this week for India and the church building project and if 70 people at church would give $100 we could raise enough money to build a church- just 70 people . If we pull our resources together and allow God to stretch us a little just think of the magnitude that could be impacted. Not only in India but here in Tampa-

My heart is so full with anticipation for services tomorrow - I can sense God going to do a mighty work in our Northside Family.
My words and heart right now can not be expressed and I can not explain it but I know we serve an Awesome God and He was Awesome in that place last night and earlier this morning.

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

two things...

First..."you're the Mom" and of course the decisions rest with you but if I may put my two cents in here, I just want to give my opinion that Marcus did really, really good except for the last few minutes at the restaurant. I mean, he was so good up til like that last 5 minutes when you had to take him over to the other seat and talk to him. Honestly Michele, by that time I felt a little cranky myself and I'm 41 years old. Ha ha! LOL I think he did really, really good for it being the middle of the night and for the issues he normally deals with and everything I thought it was really a good night for him.

I know sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees because you are with him all the time and it's hard sometimes for you to realize just how far he (and you) are coming and how improved things are.

I really enjoyed having him at the IHOP and I just want you to know that. Of course, you are the Mom and you know what's best. I am just sayin'...the boy is really doing so much better than he was and I think that he lasted as long as he did last night is really, really a major thing.

Second - YES, YES, YES. My heart is resonating with what you are saying about missions and what you are feeling. Lord yes! And the $100 from 70 people thing...YES. Hearing it in those terms...makes it sound........so doable, and quickly. You have come up with a great idea.

My heart too, is absolutely beating right now that we reach the nations...and after all, missions is.......the heartbeat of God.

Love you and had a really great time with you guys last night.

Michele said...

Thank you PD-
He did well - I will agree with you- but when he gets that little cute little grin on that is the sign we are past the threshold- some do not see it - I just know it-I am very proud of how well he did especially at prayer time he prayed he read his devotional- and the devotional by the way that you all gave him and loves and can not put it down.
and you are right there are times where the forest seems overwhleming at times. but we have come a long way- him and myself- I am proud of both of us-
I had a great time with you all too.

I pray that hearts are opened at Northside and eyes are opened to what God has to say about missions-