Thursday, May 8, 2008

Expect the Unexpected

Yesterday I got an email from the upper management saying they wanted to meet with me- well they were meeting with several people in 10 minute slots-well my night last night was very unnerving and with budget cuts and lay offs you never know what could happen.
So the first 2 went in and they were given there 6 month walking papers- eek- very tummy turning stuff. I am thinking okay- I was one of the lasts to go in so I am like oh no.
Well thankfully I actually have more stuff added on to what I am currently doing I will be assistant manager of one of the facilities while doing my vet rounds and also working with the surgical core. I am a little uneasy about the assisting managers position cause I have not been there before - things are really up in the air and all of this starts on Monday- not sure if I will be working weekends etc- hopefully not. or hopefully just Saturdays in the AM for 3 hours or so again up in the air- that is what I do not feel comfortable is the unknown- I know who I will be managing so that is not a big deal.
Just pray for this uneasiness to go away- I know it is not an obstacle but an opportunity- I know that- Pray the transition is smooth for our department

Thank you Lord for allowing me to keep my job - in this world of economic struggles you have allowed me to keep my job- I am truly blessed. Help me through this awkward time and help to focus on the positive things to come from it- In your name I pray Amen

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am agreeing with you in prayer! Funny how even when we think we are controling things or others think they are that God shows up and starts showing us how He is actually in control knowing exactly what He has planned! Glad to hear you keep your job!
love ya

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it, you will be a great assistant manger!!!!! And your right, it is an opportunity, and one that you will be fantastic at it. I believe in you.