Saturday, May 24, 2008

Children remember more then you could ever realize

This is a true story - just need to pray
A child told his friends at his before care he was going to shoot them because they were being bad. The mother of this child spoke with him and talked with him about what it means to shoot people and what could happen- she even showed a video of how sad friends and families are when their loved ones would get shot.
She asked him why would you say that - I just did- I did not mean it mommy- I would never do that. Saying it though we do not know if you would (there are no guns in the house). Where do you learn this or where did you see this or hear this- because she said this is not said in our home-
Not here mommy at the other home- he told me he would shoot me when I was bad- he had 3 guns 2 in his closet 1 in his dresser. His mom's heart sank- the child's eyes began to well- Honey she said what that man said or did to you will never happen again- I love you more then anything and will not allow anyone to hurt you. What if they find me - they will not- they do not know where you live she said. What if they come in the house- they will not - the dog will protect us- what if they come into my room- they won't I will not allow it she said- they will not take you from this home - I can promise you that-

Honey you are safe here- and you are not going anywhere-HUGS
Flash backs- memory returns- PTSD- when will things trigger it- who knows- memories bad memories- who is this story about Marcus and this was our conversation Thursday Night.

I told him he would be safe from the man- how can I protect his memory from bringing these things up- I wish I could take it all away- but I can not- I just can love him and reassure him and pray that the bad memories go away and only the good one stay.
Join me in prayer for this little young man of mine-

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How heart breaking! I can't imagine what you go through andwhat he is going through. We will continue to pray and will lift him up in service tomorrow. We love you guys!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Wow. He was only 2 years old (maybe 3?) when that was said to him, right? AMAZING. People have NO CLUE how much kids remember.

He is in my prayers, and my heart, as always.

Love you both,
pd

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you both. I love your little guy so much too and it breaks my heart to think of all he went through, I will always be here for the both of you.
I love you guys very much!!!