Monday, May 19, 2008

Kudos to the Middler Sunday School Class

If you read my blog you know I started to teach the 8-12 year olds and at first was unsure but it turns out I absolutely love it - the lessons are great and the kids seem to want to get into it as kids do at this age-
I have challenged them to memorize their memory verses each week and the one who does it gets a prize. I have alternative motives to this you know because the memory verses and the questions correspond to Bible Quiz- heehehe- and the majority of the kids are in bible quiz. Each week they are like that is a bible quiz question -yes yes it is and look you all got it right.
I do have to say there is one individual that is standing out in the memory verses memorization- and to me it is a surprise-a good one- because during normal bible quiz season she answered questions but now she has memorized all the verses since I have started teaching- I am very proud of her- she is going to make a good leader one day- I can see it in her- who you ask - Savanna Shrodes- yes I have seen her grow so much over the years since the Shrodes Family came to Northside- I am so very proud of her-KUDOS TO YOU SAVANNA KEEP MEMORIZING YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Michele,
You have me CRYING here, I'm serious. Just ask my family. I'm reading this and bawling.

Something about my daughter - scripture memorization - Sunday School - it just bursts my heart with pride.

Thank you for sharing.

I read her the blog.

Love you,
pd

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Savanna Shrodes, I decided to Google my own name. I read this and I'm glad I had a teacher like you to help me get to where I am now. (: Kudos to you for being a great person and an awesome woman of God. You're amazing. Keep it up. I love you, coach! (: