Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day


I hope you all had a wonderful day with your children- mine was pretty good- Marcus came in the my room first thing and said Happy Mothers Day- which for him is truly amazing because he is now just catching on to all thes holidays we celebrate

Sunday School was good- I am teaching the Middler Class and it is a fun change- These coming weeks we will be talking about the bible and the importance of it- how fitting when Pastor Larry and Deanna spoke on this for Sunday service. I can incorporate Bible Quiz in it and they can learn that as well since the majority of them in there are bible quizzers- they are actually memorizing the scriptures we discuss.
The last few days have been a little rough for me- My mind has been focused on work- sleep what is that - 2 am is when I have been going to sleep and waking up at 445- I finally last night got a good nights sleep and hoping for another one tonight- I received many encouraging words from my family at church yesteray regarding the changes at work and it seems to be helping- when I think about it voices from those who have encouraged me keep popping in- today was not too bad- we have decided to just take one thing at a time. That is all I can do cause I do not know a lot about the facility but I have caught on to a few things and each day will get better- just at an uncomfortable spot right now.

OKay so Mothers Day - We went out later after Brenda got off work and we went to Bonefish in Brandon- oh my goodness can you say yummy yummy- I had a pork chop that was so out of this world- okay it was probably so good cause I have been fasting but oh my- and the au gratin potatoes yum and the squash - yes I am trying new stuff even though I am not fasting- ( I will blog about what I have learned ). and then I was so stuffed from Caesar Salad and bread and egg rolls no dessert- but they brought Brenda and I a chocolate covered strawberry and oh my goodness I thought I went to heaven - the strawberry was huge I mean huge and then dipped in chocolate- I have not had chocolate in over 50 days - oh my- but I think I over stuffed - so today I went back to eating good in the morning and lunch- hey I lost 15 lbs on the fast I am not going back there.


So Marcus was so very cute he wanted to pay for my dinner- with $1.50 it was so sweet- I said thank you so much for buying my dinner that is the best thing ever. He was so proud to give Uncle Adam the money for my dinner.

He is coming along= we have a had a rough week not horribly rough and honestly I think it has been me more then him- just little things have rubbed me wrong -but I will get better-

Saturday we went to HomeDepot and we were getting out of the car and I slammed his finger in the door and it was locked - My heart sank- he started to pull- I said wait wait- and held his hand-I said be very very Brave- I need to unlock the door - stay still- he cried but when I asked him to stay very very still he did- I was able to get the door open and rub his finger and of course called Uncle Adam what do I do- ice and ibuprofen so that is what I did- you would think I would know that working with animals- I felt so horrible and he has been a trooper about it- his finger is a lovely shade of red and purple- so now he closes his own door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an AWESOME Mom! Try closing a car window on with your child's finger in it and having electric windows!! Girls don't listen as well as Marcus. They just scream and scream! ;-) He was so brave! Funny thing about panic.....it just pops up when you least expect it, deoesn't it? Oh well.....

You keep doing what you are doing, Michelle! God is honoring your faith, your patience and your trust. It is ALL working out for yours and Marcus' good, lady!

Love you,
Leslie