Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lately

Marcus has been questioned by peers where his dad is and why he does not have one. well- of course that got me thinking as well- of did I do the right thing in adopting this child with out a dad in the picture- hold on before you all get out of whack- that moment fleeted quickly- there are times when a husband would have come in handy but honestly this I believe is how it was meant to be for those rough times- I honestly do not believe a marriage would have handled it well- oh where is your faith Michele- oh its there I am just being honest here. so he has been praying very specifically for a dad to come into his life-
which is great for me too-
I am thankful for the men he has in his life who have a great influence on him- and Marcus loves each of them very much- as he said the other day to me I love whomever he was mentioning but its not the same as having a dad around all the time. I said I get it- and of course he followed up with but mom I am ok with just you too.
life is good and I am enjoying my time with him- biking walking and now me beginning to run ever so slowly- I feel good- we are in a good place and I know it will keep getting better and better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle- I accidently stumbled on your blog loking for ideas for Teacher Appreciation Day for my childrens' teacher. What I have read so far is amazing, but this entry caught my attention. I was adopted at 12 yrs. old by a single lady who was never married! She was a school teacher and at 45 yrs old wanted to be a mom. She rescued me from foster care and we were perfect for one another! Praise the Lord for single adoptive parents! Sadly, my Mother died five years ago from ovarian cancer. The 20 yrs we spent together, though, were the best of my life! God bless you!