Friday, November 18, 2011

Its Here and I have waited a year







Well its here again- last year not really a year to celebrate our forever familversary. Last year Marcus was in the crisis unit - pretty much for 3 months straight- we missed a lot of special times together but this year is different- this year I will be able to celebrate our forever familversary with him at home, we will be able to celebrate thanksgiving dinner at church together. I am so thankful that he is home this year- so 6 years ago today on a Friday at 11:30 am in the morning I became a mom to a 4 and half year old 40 lb boy. wow it seems like he was mine from the start. or it feels like it- people tell their stories of labor pains and how long they were in labor- well he may not be born of my body but he is definately my son and that i dare someone to argue with.




we have come so far and still have a ways to go but we are one step closer each day-




in the 6 years he has been my son- we have celebrated first birthdays, first christmases, first bike riding on a 2 wheeler, 1st race winning in track, first soccer goals, first airplane trips (oh that was exciting) we have been through more child care facilities then i would care to think about, more times in the crisis center then i would want anyone to go to, 5 months apart to help heal his mind, time spent talking with one another about God and all that He has planned for Marcus, spent time with our first loss of a loved one and a loved pet.



He is tender hearted and loves God and want to share Jesus with others- he still gets angry and still needs extra help-


I am truly truly blessed that God chose me and knew that Marcus was the one to be my son-and knew that I was the person Marcus needed and vice versa. Marcus has taught me about unconditionally love and how not to give up even when it seems like there is no end.





I know this past year has not been the greatest but we are moving forward and the best is still yet to come-

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Marcus was birthed in your heart and you have definitely felt the "labor pains"! I am so excited to see what God has done in your life over the years and what He is going to do in the future of both of you! Love you!