Saturday, April 9, 2011

Praise, Preserve, Precious



Praise - we had a class today on praise- ( it was kind of a repeat for me- they are using USF curriculum - and I went through the entire training- always good though to refresh)- need to praise 8 times so we get the change in behavior that we want to every 1- something I had known but always good to have reminders

Preserve- Marcus and I went to a local preserve in Bradenton - spent 2 hours walking the trail- went on the observation deck- saw lots of sand crabs- and fish jumping- it was hot-fortunately I was prepared with water and food post walk- he was happy :)

Precious- my son has a very creative mind and told me a story the entire 2 hour walk- all about me as I was little and used to swim and how grannie made me a special swim suit to beat Michael Phelps cause he never congratulates anyone- and how I beat him and said good job to the other swimmers and I had dive shoes as well- and he went on and on- and how people should not be prideful cause then they will fall ( i have taught him and so has the Bible about how pride comes before a fall) and this lasted the entire walk - I mean the entire walk- I think I spoke 5-10 times at the most. The thing I love about the story is it was all positive and things I have told him- actually was listening to me- just when I thought he never was. it was precious.

No comments: