Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Good Friday




It is Good Friday- the first and most important reason to celebrate this day is Jesus was nailed to a cross- beatened and bruised for you and me- for our sins- he loves us that much to lay his life down for us- How thankful I am for the day he did that 1000s of years ago.

another reason- Marcus is home for the entire weekend - he has to be back by 6 on Sunday-
He is changing- and progressing very well- growing, maturing, learning, and coping. his eyes are brighter and he talks so much more.
I am optimistically caustious of how well he is doing- I do not want him to come home sooner then he needs to - I want to make sure that he is ready and I am ready-

I am still working on how to work with him as he is not your typical child- still deciphering normal kid behavior and Stress behavior can be difficult times- I also need to get in the mind set of he has changed and right now that is difficult- I can see it but was so in a mode of what is going to happen or when for so long it is hard to change that but the more time I spend with him that should improve

we have some things to change when he comes home for good - from school, to how others who take care of him , to others who might be in charge of him handle him- we all need to be on the same page in order for him to be successful so yes- he may get treated slightly different than others- we need to make sure that he is able to function and cope- he processes things differently- he has a stress disorder-the book I have read is great and I understand why Marcus reacts the way he does to certain things and how to handle them better- Gentling- may not be the way many would happen to handle your own child but does your child suffer from PTSD.

I do believe with the amounts of prayers going up is a big part of Marcus' change- I also believe that the gift of modern medication is truly a gift and when you find the right one amazing things can happen. I believe the support and love of family is critical to his well being and mine - I have found strength from God and from the support of family at all hours of the day-

We will not just survive this time we will thrive and Marcus and I will be a testimony to all those out there that may be dealing with the same thing- We can all do through Christ who strenghtens us.

No comments: