Wednesday, January 13, 2010

There is no one like our God

You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people You're the Lord of this nation
You are

You're the Light in this darkness When you think all you have been through seems dark- I know God is greater and His light shines over all the darkness-one glimmer of light shines through even through the darkest of circumstances
You're the Hope to the hopeless God is full of hope- at times when I thought there was no hope- He showed me that there is always a reason to have hope
You're the Peace to the restless When life is in turmoil God can bring you peace that you just do not understand- it is truly amazing
You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come I know God has great things in store - I sense it in my spirit in my heart - for my life- for our church and for our city
And greater things are still to be done in this City

We had a prayer and worship time tonight at service and for me it was amazing-just the atmosphere itself-As we were singing - PD picked just the right songs for tonight- I wept- why you ask- because what is about to happen for our church is life changing and it has been in the works for over a year- God's plan- God has been the focus of everything- His timing- His provisions

We sang my favorite song - not the one I listed above but Awesome in this Place
As I come into Your presence
Past the gates of praise
Into Your sanctuary I have the honor of coming into His sanctuary
Til we're standing face to face I will stand and see Him face to face one day- I picture it - I envision it everytime I sing this song
I look upon Your countenance
I see the glory of Your Holy face
I can only bow down and say... How can I stand I have to bow down-You are so worthy

You are awesome in this place, Mighty God
You are awesome in this place, Abba Father
You are worthy of all praise
To You our lives we raise
You are awesome in this place, Mighty God

No comments: