Friday, January 1, 2010

How many of you can say...

(picture courtesy of PD)
my pastor took the time to teach me how to make perogies from scratch- yes this included making the dough and mashed potatoes ( mom they were really good and there is a secret to add to them) yum- and I did not fall asleep on the couch either- sorry Adam i tend to do that when you have wanted to teach me- now I really want to learn-

Was it easy - it was not too bad- I did get frustrated but Pastor Larry was patient and answered every question I had-

So who is next - I am ready to learn-one dish a month-honestly I was never into cooking did not see a need to do it for one person- but I enjoyed it-shocking I know - pick yourselves up people.
Happy New Year Everyone

5 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Wish I lived closer I would love to teach you how to make a great hamburger veggie soup! It's super super easy!

Toots said...

just let me know when and what you want to learn....

Lori said...

you are one person, but you have 2 in your family... learn a bunch of stuff and have a dinner party. :) When you need stuff to cook WITH let me know. The knobs on the stove with numbers on them are how you turn it on... Love you and love your excitement!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

I am so proud of you! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Michele said...

Melissa- just send me the recipe- I can learn that way too

Cathy- hmm- what do you make that is easy - and not time consuming?

Lori- dinner party hmm? maybe we would have to crowd out in the patio and the front yard :)- thanks for the tips on the knobs- you are funny

PD- thanks for the encouragement I did learn alot and enjoyed it- who would have thought??