Friday, August 28, 2009

What a difference a year makes

a year ago Tuesday will mark a day in my life that was changed forever- you can read about it here.
but what I take from that day and who I have become because of that day I will write today.

to this day i remember most clearly-there are some things that stand out so much and impacted me greatly- like the words from Pastor Larry when I called and then again when I spoke to him later that night- "this has no reflection on you as a mom" powerful words that i think of often- however i use those words as a positive impact and how i am being a mom and how i react as a mom- it is all good. knowing that family and friends were there to lift me up in the darkest time in my life- which i can say now just lifted back in March yes it took that long and dark moments have come since then but had not stayed around as long-and how i handle things have changed- with the right healthcare workers and constant prayer life is good.

this day has been so much on my mind lately cause i know we have come so far- being a mom over the last few months has been so different from a year ago-so what have i learned over the year?- let me tell you

* you are not alone- yes PD I learned this as well over the course of last year- i have family and friends to help me walk me through and even carry me through- not just friends though - I serve an awesome God who has been through this year with me every step of the way -

* trust God trust God- hand life over to Him- stop handling things yourself

* give love give love give love- even when it is hard

* spend time-even if it si biking walking - grocery shopping-

* fill positiveness - encourage encourage encourage

* listen to the therapist- talk and share and be honest so you can get the help you need

* realize your strength comes from God

* it is good to do something for yourself and not feel guilty

* it is ok to say please take him i need time

* sports are a good thing

* God has always had his hand on our lives and knew we would survive

* through the misery of what i was going through i was able to minister to others

* sometimes a good cry is so needed just to get through

* good friends - are always always there -they know just what to do- listen or give hugs

* God is doing a great work through Marcus and it is coming through

* thankful for the storms in life

* i want to help others with a child with behavior issues and let them know they are not alone and they will make it

*we were able to come off one of the meds he was on

* he is a funny kid and life is so enjoyable with him now- God you created him in your image and it is beginning to shine through- THANK YOU!

*i have become more confidant in my parenting skills- i am proud of how i handle the difficult times - trial and error- learning learning learning
no matter what comes our way I know through God's guidance and relying on Him I can make it through anything- I know many may not completely understand - like oh your child has behavior issues so what child does not- well no not like what we have been through- if you would like to know in detail i would love to share my testimony with you - God is truly awesome

No comments: