Saturday, September 5, 2009

Greetings from the land of the Danielsons

its been a little while since i wrote- this week has been a bumpy one- not horrible- just bumpy and it was not all Marcus- working on things from work and trying to figure out things there- and solving personnel issues (still working on this one- pray for wisdom for me) - at times working with multiple personalities and seeing they all mesh together has its difficulties- and i have a small staff so i can not imagine what others do when they are in management with many more then i have.
so i am in a funk- i know the house needs cleaned but do not feel like doing it- oh I have kept up sorta on it - not too horrible - but there are things that need to be done and i am so very lazy by the time i get home and cook dinner and get the HW done- soccer if it is that day and then church if it is Wednesday- the stress of work is not overwhelming but it has taken a toll on me over the last week-from managing people to managing the facility itself- if it is not the building its the people-and this week it has been both-there are days where for me wish I could snap my fingers and at least the house would be reorganized and back together again-stuff gone through- etc- the walls repainted- just little thing that are adding up- ok enough of me on a tangent

Marcus has had a really good start to this year- this past week he earned 500 points out of 500 yeah for him- the teacher says he is really doing well- he is doing well at home minus some issues - and finally i am learning the issues tend to pop up when he is tired - so i am learning how to deal with it better-had counseling yesterday and the counselor was very positive- said Marcus is a good boy and has come so far in the last 6 months- i am like i know i can not believe it - oh yes I can i serve an AWESOME GOD-

i think this week because of some incidences with Marcus had me a little nervous too-you see this week a year ago Marcus was in a crisis unit -for not being safe and being a threat to others-he had a few moments of not doing the right thing and it was like gulp are we going there again- no we were not just my moment for reliving that week. all is well and i really do not think we will need to go back - in fact his counselor said we may soon drop back on the times we do see him- i was like are you sure you want to do that- he laughed.

today is Saturday what am i doing- my plans are to get my house in order today- i was going to sleep in but i was up at 5:30 am- i have an internal alarm clock and a dog in my face saying he had to go- so up i was -

3 comments:

Blessed said...

557AM?! Oh my! way to early for me, girl! So glad to read that things are well..... you are always in my prayers!

miss you!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Help is on the way, in more ways than one!

I say it all the time but I'll say it again...YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB.

Everytime that little man hugs me, I just marvel at how he's grown and give thanks...you're doing a great job Momma. Hang in there.

I love you! :)

Michele said...

thanks PD and Leslie
we go through ups and downs in all areas but I am learning how to be a better momma each day- I am not so hard on myself as I use to be and realize he is in control of the choices he makes- oh i make mistakes all the time with him but then I do not do that again- work was better today so I am happy about that - able to sit down and sed emails and get help where needed- love you all