Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hold on to cuddle times

Well-l will get to the title in a minute but first let me tell you how the rest of the week went- not well- I have a tired worn out young man- and his following directions is not doing well- we had a soccer game Thursday and one today- he was a bear Thursday and Friday he was doing well and I asked him to do somethings before we headed out so I could go to the comedy night at church ( a much needed time) however he turned into a disobedient young man- I sent him to his room to chill out- he was all crying and everything -and about 10 minutes later I checked on him and he was a sleep- I was not happy but he needed the rest- I just wanted time away from him- I love him- but this week has been rough- I have things going on at work - getting ready for a big visit from an international organization- and the stress of getting the place in order - and everything else that needs to be done- then dealing with his attitudes of doing want he wants - i just wanted a break- that is all-

okay got that out now on to something I wanted to talk about earlier in the week.

For those of you that have children you know how precious it is to hold them when they are babies and how squisshy they are and how wonderful it is to have them fall asleep on you- do you know that is so important for their development. It creates a special bond-

One that I was unfortunate not to have with Marcus and I do not think he had with whoever was taking care of him at the time- For me as a mom that is so precious- I love holding the babies and putting them to sleep- I was able to do that one Sunday in service with Erin and Derrick's baby girl- you may not know how special that is to me- and that is one of the things I miss most about not having a baby- but I definately do not miss the 2 am feedings- the diaper changing (one reason I wanted an older child) . Oh I hold Marcus and cuddle with him but he is so big - and I treasure each time we do cuddle and I can rock him to sleep- yes I still do that sometimes- he needs it-makes up for all the times he does not listen-

So if you have young ones- or even older ones- hold on to those special times- hold on to them- cuddle with them- never forget those times-

I have a niece and nephew who I was able to hold and hug when they were babies and that is so precious- it is a bonding time - bond with your child- it is never too late- trust me on this one- This was Ainsley and I almost 5 years ago -

No comments: