Saturday, November 17, 2007

It has been a while

I know I have not written in a while but the last 2 weeks I went from chest congestion to nasal congestion and have been asleep before 9 most nights-

I have so enjoyed reading PDs chronicles of Kenya- When can I go with you is all I can say- I want to go back to Africa so much- many of what you have written about PD had happened when we were there 11 years ago. One day I will return
Well this is a very significant weekend- why you ask? Let me set the day- well it was yesterday-2 years ago not the date but the day Friday- National Adoption Day. we arived at the downtown Tampa Courthouse about 8 ish or so. We had special speakers- Grannie, Papaw, Aunt Lori, Uncle Stacy, the cousins, Uncle Adam, Aunt BRenda, Pastors Larry and Deanna, Aunt Bekah, Renee, Leslie and the girls were all present to witness the miracle- and we waited and waited- and waited- it was all so special- the Judge called our name and I did my I will take care of him thing - got our pictures done and became a FOREVER Family

Here is the entire family after the signing

The Balloon Says it ALL!- His life and mine will never be the same

Sunday is the actual day- We have our Thanksgiving Dinner at Church that day- I am truly Thankful- I know I stress out and complain- I am working on that-

I am thankful for my life changing- do I like the days where he goes off the deep end no. But you know so much has changed for both of us over the last 2 years- I have grown as a person- my heart goes out to single moms- my heart goes out to special needs parents- My fight for my child and his schooling - sometimes I am amazed as I look back and see where we have come from - we he has grown not physically but emotionally and spiritually- me where I have grown emotionally and spiritually- My strength comes from God, my wonderful families (extended and church- you all are the best) my work family-

I can honestly say gone are the days where I will be hit or have a stool thrown at me- gone are the days where melt downs are not everyday- He is so intelligent so loving so caring- so much fun- he is a source of hope and success.

I know we will have rough moments - we had one this morning. I think more is part of being a kid - but I still need to stay on my toes- Consistency- is so important for him-

We have soccer today and then we are going to the USF game it is Faculty and Staff appreciation night- however I have a special surprise of going on the field before the game. I will take pictures and post them at a later date.

Thank you all for celeberating this time with us- you all are apart of our success of being a family- YOU ARE LOVED!!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Family Anniversary!