Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

okay we were having a good run and today I pick Marcus up and ask him how his day went- great 11 stickers/stars earned- went to the gorcery store had a good time there and then the phone rang which changed the entire rest of the evening-
I am sooo angry right now hence I am writing- he got mad with his teacher because she was correcting him abut putting is hiney in another child's face - so he scratched the teacher bit the teacher - it took 2 of them to restrain him. and this happened 3 minutes before the bell.

ARGGGH- so the principal said because of the rules he needed to be suspended ugh- tomorrow ugh ugh- we talked and she allowed ISS half a day and then OSS the other half- thanks Margi- my wonderful boss- she understands completely .

Marcus and I talked - I had him write an apology to the teacher- I just want to take everything away from him- the computer- drums- baseball(we have not started it yet- I do not want to give it to him now)

I feel what have I done wrong - We have done so well since September and now this-I know it is not true but sitting at the table with him I went I failed somewhere- just how I am feeling right now so hold on- it will pass- I did not make the choice for him to bite his teacher and scratch her so that was all him- just aggravated with him cause I KNOW HE KNOWS BETTER.

breathe in breathe out- "SIGH"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcus DOES know better, mom.... BUT! (don't you hate the buts?)!! Old habits die hard and for Marcus, the old habits are the easy way out for now...... The forward progress FAR OUTWEIGHS the backward steps, Michele....don't take away the things that make the forward progress happen..... rather deal with the situation at the time and move forward.... as hard as that is, trust me, I know, it truly is the best measure.....

You are an awesoem mom and Marcus is learning to be a Godly little boy.......

Leslie

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Please stop blaming yourself. Because Marcus has done this doesn't mean YOU have done something wrong. Just because he is a child doesn't mean he does not have responsibility for these choices he is making. Are you teaching him to do these things? Of course not! You have been consistent and diligent. He is still struggling with the PTSD, and although this is not reason to excuse him for it - (he must pay the consequences) this is where much of his behavior is coming from. Plus that we know the enemy is trying always to destroy his destiny.

You have to stop asking, "where have I gone wrong?" every time he does something. Please release yourself from that burden. You are a good mother -- you are doing all you can. I know it's embarrassing...I have felt the same things many times. This is why Pastor and I take turns with the calls from Jordan's teachers. :) You have no one to share "calls" with. You are weary. I understand. Breathe in/Breathe Out. This too shall pass and it is not your fault!

Love you

Michele said...

Thank you both- I know I did not make his choice for him- but at the time I was blogging the feeling of what did I do just was that- at that time-
I know I taught him better and I know something clicked in his mind to make him react the way he did.
I will get passed it one glich in a long while is not too bad however- loves thoughs huh- I think too much of the future what if... this continues to happen. I should not do that I know- workin gon it- I know this too shall pass- I just do not like him to hurt others-I think that was my biggest thing- the teacher is getting a tetanus shot because of the scratches on her. that is my concern-
He will be taking responsiblity for his choices today.
Thanks for your words and I do know it is not me- I really do- but sometimes I feel that way and I know I have done and shown him what is right and wrong what he does with those choices is enitrely up to him- I am rambling now-
THanks all-
Love you all