Saturday, June 11, 2011

I do not undersatnd



Ok if you want your child to get better- with mental health issues or any other health issues- should you not be there for them? I am not understanding why parents - biological- adoptive- foster what ever form you are as a parent would not be there to learn what they are working on with your child - out of 60 children 11 families showed today for family day- I do not get it-


Our therapist said that I was a big part of Marcus turning around because he realized (finally) that I was here for him and not going anywhere-he knows that I will not abandon him-

Getting on my soap box-Your child has needs - he is not perfect it is time you as a parent that may need to change too- aye aye aye-because your child may be getting what he/she needs to do and doing it with the tools they have worked on everyday- so its your turn- I know I have had to change too to help him- and you know what it is a work in progress but I am taking those steps-and it may not work right away but it will work if you keep going with it-

you hit your child and then you tell them not to hit- you curse and tell them not to curse- you raise your voice and they raise their voice- seriously what are you teaching ( some of these I saw today after our family session)- a lot of patience and a lot of work comes with the territory of a traumatized child-

so yes Marcus comes from trauma and a lot of his issues come from that we just have to handle him a little differently and he will be successful - I KNOW IT!!! I BELIEVE IT!

No comments: