Thursday, October 15, 2009

3 little words and then some

Have you ever heard these words - I HATE YOU- well I have many many times- and let me tell you those words cut to the heart- well they did for me for a bit- and now- they don't so much- I do not like to hear them but they do not cut to the heart so much-they are just words spoken when a young man is angry. I simply tell him I love him and say it over and over again until he stops saying he hates me-
It is an amazing way -to have his attitude change.

I know I may have concerned some of you with my last post- let me reassure you - I am ok- just tired-when it is a constant thing of calming and angry child that could get volatile it does get you tired-especially when it is daily- dealing with a child with emotional and behavioral baggage is no easy task-I do not recommend this type of life for the weak- honestly it takes guts and perserverance and determination- sometimes strength from others and just the caring of others to help you through to know You ARE NOT ALONE- I wonder at times how in the world I was chosen for this incredible life- I am not losing out hope-he just is going through some regression. We will overcome though-

Many have told me I am doing an amazing job- yes yes I am - I am doing an amazing job- we have come so far in this journey of only 4 years November 18th. I am doing everything possible to help him- it is up to him what he does with the help- these are not my choices they are his-

I continously learn how to deal with him and what I need to change- It is a constant learning curve.

So do not worry- I am ok- just need some rest and down time for me- to recoup to regenerate- Things will change-Keep praying for us- God is doing a great thing- I just need to keep my eye focused on Him even during all seasons.


Mark 9:37 (New International Version)
37 "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

1 comment:

Gayle said...

yes, I have heard those words, and many more far worse. yes, they do cut the heart into many pieces and I didn't think I would ever survive or that the situation would improve. THANK GOD I did not rely on my feelings...! Persevere, Michele; God is great and He will get you and Marcus through these trying times. That's His promise. Mine is to continue praying for both of you. God bless you! (I know, you didn't sneeze...)