Sunday, May 10, 2009

What it is to be a mom

First let me say Happy Mother's Day to my mom- thanks mom for being there when I need you- thank you for your encouraging words and just supporting me in all I do-

I love the post by PD over at her blog www.deannashrodes.com it was titled Real Moms.

What it is to be a mom-
For me: since becoming a mom- life has dramatically changed over the years we have pretty much been in a valley- oh yes we have had mountain top times but as a mom most of it has been valley times- dealing with a child with a lot of baggage and not knowing what has truly happened is mind boggling and exhausting physically- you do not know where to turn with professionals and you do not know at times how to cope with volatile outbursts that could cause you harm-
For me being a mom was truly a chosen opportunity by God- my Faith has grown- my trust in Him has deepened- My perseverance is mind boggling for me- why- cause many times I could have given up - however we have a Savior that never gives up on us so how could I give up on my son? We are still climbing out of the valley but I feel in my heart the mountain top is clearer and closer-
We have found new doctors- that have helped more then ever before- that have a plan and are working through the plan with us-we have found something where Marcus can focus - feel apart of -and channel his energy- over the course of the past few weeks life has been the calmest ever - ever-stress level has come way down at home- the calm room has not had to be used- which is a miracle in itself- when asked to change his words or attitudes the change has happened sooner rather then a long drawn out time-
I am full of pride for Marcus this weekend- he did so well -and he enjoyed his track so much- I am so thankful for God providing this outlet for him- and who knows maybe you know the next Olympian-

I am thankful for being a real mom- one who has to figure out every detail- one who has to rely on me to figure things out and no production crews- I am thankful I am not the only real mom out there- I am thankful for the real moms in my life-

I am thankful for an ever loving God- to guide me in this life long journey of being a mom- He is my strength- He is my guide- Thank you God for helping me persevere on this life's journey of motherhood

No comments: