Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day by Day

Well it has been a few days since my last post- work has been crazy busy with staff out sick and me in surgery (not me personally) but I was the anesthesiologist for them- early days and long ones- so glad the rest of the week is a little calmer-
So Marcus has had decent days at home and school and childcare- although yesterday he got a write up because of pushing a teacher and trying to run off and today at school he pushed a child down and threatened a child- other then that it is good- he still gets angry and he is working hard on using the tools we have been given

I am taking a class on Tuesday nights as well for challenging behavior- so our Tuesdays are crazy- and tiring-

Tonight was a good thing- Marcus was having a moment and ran out for RR to the parking lot (not the good thing) however Commander Rob said Code Blue (which is our word) and he went to the bathroom- he then was calm went back to class and then he did not get what he wanted and ran out of the room and Marcus went directly to the bathroom ( although Commander Rob thought he went outside) He is fast when it comes to running - so he calmed down and was able to return to class after talking with Mr Tom- I love having it work out and a plan coming together- this is a BIG step for Marcus- although I did tell him to make sure when he feels like he is getting angry he lets them know where he is going.

{SIGH} Progress is good

1 comment:

Debbie W said...

What a change I have seen in Marcus! Keep up the good work, I think Running suits him well! He is the coolest one of the bunch with those cool sunglasses!