Friday, October 25, 2013

middle school soccer tryouts

well Marcus tried out for his first school team- he made the first cut but unfortunately he did not make the second cut- most who made it were 8th graders.
we got home and he was filling his water bottle, he turned around, his eyes welled up and he bursted in to tears- mom I wanted to make the team- I said I know- I know - gave him a hug- and said now we know how it is - so next year we are prepared- I know he said but I still wanted to make the team

your heart breaks for you children when they hurt or are disappointed- you want to fix it but know you cant-

he still is disappointed but he is with his Coach Gig tonight so that should help mend the hurt a little bit.

He is still a winner in my book

So he did not make the soccer team yet his first 9 weeks grades were excellent 1 B the rest As - so proud of him- so very proud- he is in all advanced classes. I am so so proud- he is awesome

No comments: