Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mental Health Awareness Week -

Mental Health Awareness is so dear to my heart and I am passionate about people getting the help they need. Why- one word- MARCUS!
He suffered from PTSD, ADHD, RAD and mood disorders- I used the past tense suffered- did you see that- I am not saying we have bouts of re occurrence - we do occasionally but not like before

Getting help is so essential to live a full and productive life- he is only 12 but his life has changed so much since we finally got the help he so needed- was it a fun process no- but we went through it and God was in all of it. When I did not know how I would get through God gave me the strength.

Dealing with a child with mental health issues is very draining on a person - on your mental health and yes I had to go get help as well- it was needed to keep my sanity through dealing with all of the things he was dealing with but I tell you we are overcomers- and God brought us to the other side- He is amazing



So be aware of mental health issues - get the help you need- get the help your family member or friend may need and you will overcome

No comments: