Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

did not realize my eyes were slightly closed- although this is a much better picture since Adam cut off my head in the first one- he was trying to be funny-

so today was a day of reflection for me and lots of discussion for Marcus

you know you get use to traditions and such and when things change it is hard - this is the 2nd Easter without mom so -I fumbled a little bit with dinner making and such- we would go to one of our houses and she would cook the whole thing- Lori's family was down with dad this weekend- so they had Easter together

Marcus is very into asking questions and really understanding what the word of God says- somethings I have no idea so I will be pointing him to his youth pastor's direction- get ready Dustin I am sending him your way soon.
Marcus just wants to know everything in the Bible and understand it all- he questions why everyone does not have Jesus in their heart and how people can not Trust God. Today we got into a discussion about being obedient to what God is calling him to do at school- he said he knows he is suppose to ask his friends if they know Jesus but has not yet- or he knows he is suppose to ask them to church but has not- I said if God is speaking to you about asking then be obedient and ask- you can not make them go but you can be obedient to what God asks you to do- we talked about fasting and the importance of it and he has an understanding of it- and will be praying for his friends during the times he would be playing on his nook- I am proud of him cause he is on that thing every night.

I told someone today - how did I get so lucky with having him- I was told it was not luck- it was a lot of hard work and a lot of love- this is true plus lots of tears- and not knowing what was next and sometimes down right scared. as this person said I love his servant's heart- I do to- I am so glad he loves to serve in whatever he is asked to do. he amazes me- I think I have done well as a single parent not knowing what I was doing 8 years ago ( and at times still do not) and what I got myself into- I did not do it alone- it was by God's grace, strength and love that got me through and a whole lot of prayer and friends and family support

We keep moving forward and see what God has for us for we know He has a plan

No comments: