Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is this how it will be from now on?



We went to the track meet yesterday and it was very hot but it did not matter- I enjoyed it so much- it was a joy to see Marcus there and just to cheer on his teammates- he wanted to go- this would be a normal thing for us to do over the spring- summer months and we are trying to do normal things during the times he is home on pass- which from now on will be every weekend until discharge date.

So what is with my title- I know you are asking- well I was driving home yesterday from errands and got to thinking is this for real is this the new normal for me- not being in crisis mode (as one of my friends calls it) if this is true I have an adjustment-my thoughts and how I handle things are changing- not reacting or should I say not thinking I have to figure out how to react when meltdowns occur. I have to break apart and check myself to see if it is true normal kid behavior- where as before I had no clue what things would set him off.

it appears that things that use to set him off before he handles quite well- I tested the theory yesterday when he was tired. No reaction- he just gave me a funny face and said mommmmmmmmy (smile)

As I spoke to 2 of my friends who have seen it- Marcus and have helped in crunch time many times- said set expectations (which I am doing) follow through on what they taught him at the Palms and allow him to be a kid- oh and for me to relax a bit-(all of which will be take time and so glad I have weekends to work on) Plus Marcus is showing me what he has learned- so much is follow through and him being responsible-

My miracle child - love it

No comments: