Saturday, October 30, 2010

The last couple days

Well I will not go into of what the last 2 days have been just know that Marcus is getting help-and is not home right now- thinking he will be home on Monday- well that is what he told me last night.

so my state of mind has been running and my emotions a little off- what do I mean- I know many of you may not even have the slightest of clue what I am going through and sometimes I can not even explain it- I go from I know where he is and he is getting help to what else could I have done- to when is he going to get it or if he is ever going to get it- I am sad cause I miss him- its too quiet at the house (I know call me crazy)- too this is a good time to catch up on cleaning to I just want to rest. I also just feel like throwing in the towel giving up on the whole mom thing- oh do not worry I won't. Just a moment- I know this time will pass- until... we will take it one day one moment at a time-

So PD sent me an article to read- and here it is for you to read whenyouwanttoquit

let me just take some items from it that stood out for me though
"It is the same choice we have all faced when circumstances have brought us to a place of giving up. We know that if we give up, we will be relieved of the pressure of the moment. And if we press on, we will continue to face all the obstacles that brought us to that point.
The problem with giving up is that you have already chosen the outcome of your situation. Failure is always the result of quitting. You trade possible victory for momentary relief."

"It is often the tedious, day-to-day situations that seem never to change that make you want to give up. The Bible says that hope deferred makes the heart sick. Discouragement develops into despair, and we lose our hope.

The loss of hope is a deadly condition for the believer. Without hope faith cannot operate. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb. 11:1, emphasis added).

The nature of faith is to believe the impossible and see the invisible. We give up because we put our faith in what we know and see in the natural."

"The enemy of your soul has an assignment to wear you out--to make you so tired you lose your motivation to fight! The intimidation of the enemy is specifically designed to overwhelm you and stop you from making forward progress"

for me this is the most I have been feeling -especially Thursday night-FEELING ALONE

Keep seeking the word "I do not know what you are facing today, but I can promise you that God has something to say about it. I want to encourage you to go to His Word and come into agreement with it.

If, when you do this, the opposition increases, remember that when Jesus was in the wilderness He faced much opposition and discouragement. But the Bible says that as He continued to speak the Word of God, agreement was established, and after a season Satan departed from Him."

"We all face moments when we want to give up. As believers we must be willing to face these moments with courage, faith and utmost trust in God's ability to bring us to victory."

I will not give up- I will press on- I know my limits and will continue to seek help before it gets to the point of no return- God has chosen me to be his mom for a reason- I continue to grow and learn each step of this journey of being a mom-

Thinking on how to help him with what God has given me already plus all the other resources- people in our lives- we are truly blessed by amazing people-

Oh right now I am not all chipper and wahoo mode - it is a process I am working through so honestly if you ask me right now - I am just ok- not good not great not fabulous just ok- but I will get through and move to fabulous :)






No comments: