Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

My letter to Marcus' teachers- Susan Crossly, Andrew Carini, and Sandy Burns- they are phenomenal and are at Lake Myrtle Elmentary School in Pasco County



One hundred years from now
It will not matter what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much money I had in my bank account,
Nor what my clothes looked like.
But one hundred years from now
The world may be a little better
Because I was important
In the life of a child.
~Dr. Forest E. Witcraft

This should also include the parent- Marcus may not know how to express how he appreciates you but I can surely try.
Although words sometimes are hard to express when the impact you all have had on our lives- I look back at this past year and do not know what I would do with out you all- the fact you would come in early and stay late because of Marcus not being able to be at child care- is above and beyond anything I can imagine a teacher would do. Yet you all are unique and so special to me and Marcus- Thank you for calming a mom's nerves when her child runs off out of day care and the sheriff department is called and then supporting me in the decision to have him Baker Acted- Your support spoke volumes into my life.
Knowing I can call you (and hopefully not be too much of a pest - ) and make sure he is doing what he is suppose to be doing means so much- or just call to ask for guidance in handling certain situations. You all are a plethora of knowledge and so thankful for your wisdom.

We are so blessed to have you all in our lives- When it is time for middle school you all are going with us right?

UNITY”

I dreamed I stood in a studio And watched two sculptors there, The clay they used was a young child’s mind And they fashioned it with care. One was a teacher: the tools she used were books and music and art; One was a parent With a guiding hand and gentle loving heart. And when at last their work was done, They were proud of what they had wrought. For the things they had worked into the child Could never be sold or bought! And each agreed she would have failed if she had worked alone. For behind the parent stood the school, and behind the teacher stood the home!


So you all mean so much to me and I appreciate you all more then I could ever tell you- You not only make a difference in the life of a child but also the life of a parent.
We love you , we care about you and we are so so glad you are apart of our lives

Love
Michele

No comments: