Sunday, December 27, 2009

Weekend in Review

Read below pictures- for the review of the weekend-pictures all have captions

(Marcus and I sitting on the jetty rocks with surfers behind us)

(Marcus reading the story of Jesus birth)

( opening a soccer ball for grannie and papaw's house)


(watching something)


(this is Molly Moo- she is loving on me after I gave her an orange)


( my new executive chef)


(mi madre and padre)


(Marcus opening a Santa gift)


(mom and dad's tree)

My weekend started Thursday after work when I headed south for Christmas- so I will let you know what happened.
We had a Christmas Eve dinner with our family and some of mom and dad's friends - it was very nice. Enjoyed it so much
Then that night Santa came very late cause 4 children did not want to sleep- Christmas day was very nice we took the whole day to open gifts- just spread it through out the day- this was a new thing but I really liked it- I made sweeyt rolls- yes I did- I know a Christmas Miracle- yes Shrodes' Family (the kids) Coach cooked- :)
Saturday we tok the kids out away from mom and dad to give them peace and quiet- we went to the Jetties which they have never been - it was very windy and the surfers were surfing-the kids loved it and it was so nice to go there after so many years not going.
Then we went shopping- I got 2 new outfits and my sister and mom both loved them- Marcus said I look soooooooooooo pretty. Had the 7 layer salad on this day and it was sooooooooo good- I think that is all I ate.
We got home and dealt with an hour meltdown-which included Marcus telling Papaw he was not his grandfather- I really do not like it when he uses words like that in his anger.
he finally settled down and peace came upon the house around 8 when all the kids were in bed-
We got up this morning and I took the kids to church and they saw Aunt Bekah- Miss Christy, Miss Rhonda and Pastor Gray- they love it there- it is a home away from home-
Then a meltdown occurred on the way home a very unsafe one- one in which I called in reinforcements to get others home safely.
So there were consequences inforced and then all was quiet- I was not a happy camper with this meltdown.
One of the highlights of my weekends was church this morning- why you ask because it was like God speaking to me all over again with the same words Pastor Larry preached about holding on to the promises of God a couple of weeks ago- Pastor Gray preached a very very similar message- I am wondering if they talk to each other and say what they are preaching on- seriously they do not - I know that is God using them to speak to me in both of th churches I love so dearly- God is truly amazing!!!

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Wow...sounds like an amazing time. A stressful one at times but it seems like the great things balanced out the meltdowns?

So proud of you for the cooking...and can't wait to see you in your new clothes.

Love you

Michele said...

it was one of the best Christmas' I have had- and the good times far out weighed the meltdowns (although they did wear me out)

thanks- my goal this year is really to learn a new dish a month-