Monday, December 7, 2009

I think God is really trying to tell me something

Never give up on praying- that was one of Pastor Larry's points yesterday- I keep hearing this of not giving up- that keep holding on that God is going to do something great through it all- whatever you are going through-


Let me just explain some may think oh your tribulation or trial is nothing- no it is something it truly is- dealing with a child that has anger issues and hanging on to the past - holding bitterness in his heart- these are not small tantrums and he is not a weakling child- these are full blown screaming pushing kicking and hitting tantrums- from a very strong young man- he becomes like the hulk when he gets mad-they get overwhelming and tiring to deal with and when he does not want to work through it the way he has been taught the point is why even try anymore- why not just give up on trying to work with him- and honestly that is really how I have felt- over the past few weeks off and on. I put all this energy and time into helping him and he is not even putting any effort into changing his actions or reactions.



Last night I am hoping was the beginning of a breakthrough- we talked for about an hour on anger and the "man" Marcus shared some more things he is remembering and I asked him how he felt towards him- he could ot verbalize it- so I had him write a letter to the "man".

Dear Bob (not real name)

I am angry, I am mad, I am sad, I hate you that you did ..... to me

To Bob

From Marcus




I also had hiim close his eyes and think about what the man did to him and then I had him scream at the man ad get out all the feelings he had toward him- (the dog did not like it) but I think it helped Marcus-


We talked about forgiveness and how Marcus needed to get to the point of forgiving the man- I said you do not have to like him and he should pray for him. it was a very good converastion and I think the start of a breakthrough for him- Dont Give Up- keep praying

No comments: