Thursday, April 25, 2013

its the quiet of the morning

today I am off but I am taking a few minutes before the day to begin to sit and listen- its nice to be quiet - we get so caught up in our days and forget to listen- I do have to say I have been listening more over these last 25 days- God continues to speak to my heart in an overwhelming way- all good-
Bernie spoke of 1 making a difference last night at church- so this morning I keep thinking of what he spoke about-

why am I doing this- well because one person can make the difference in a life and can forever change it- starting a new adventure in June- hosting a support group for parents with behavioral challenged children. If only one shows up I will be overjoyed. Why because then they will know they are not alone in their journey.

I thought about myself and how as one I have made a difference- I think I have in one person in particular - Marcus- he has said many times to me - its because of you mommy not giving up on me that is why I am where I am at today- those words so penetrate my heart- now we are going to use what we went through to help another one.

you can make a difference in one person's life whether it be- a simple smile- paying for their lunch- a simple I am here for you- what ever God lays on your heart can make a difference to them and you.

You know people say you have changed his life forever - yes this may be true- however Marcus has changed my life forever- I sit and shake my head at times just thinking what an amazing young man he is and the impact he is going to have in this world- Truly one does make a difference

Will you be the one?

No comments: