Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Divine Healing

Do you believe in Divine Healing- I do
We had a teaching on it tonight at Celebration Church- it was good stuff

Here is a summary of what I learned from it-
James 5:13-15

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

Is your life predictable-? I can not say mine is- we all go through trials- or sufferings each one is different
v 13 do you have trouble of any kind? financial,emotional, death, at work- pray
v 13 are you happy- then we should sing song of praise- I know for me when I am going through something this can be difficult- and yet when I do it the sufferings seem to get better- sometimes not go away but better

v 13 let the elders (pastors or leaders) pray over them- are you sick-God is able- he exceeds anything we may even expect.
v 14 pray when we have sin- confess our sins
we need to exam ourselves- God show me what is not pleasing to you

sin can make you sick.

we need to pray fervently, aggressively, and submissively

honestly been struggling off and on with my mom's sickness- a year and half ago- still miss her horribly. but anyway. I prayed with ferverence (is that a word) - I prayed aggressively but did I really pray submissively- honestly when I got the call no no I did not I prayed selfishly- I wanted my mom well and talking to me and speaking to me and well again.
But as time progressed ( it was  short time of 11 days)- I began to pray submissively- Lord your will be done- your healing come- was it the healing I was searching for no not at all-
and as Pastor Larry taught tonight my eyes welled up and I was back in that hospital room praying Lord let your will be done. sometimes it is not the outcome we are looking for but God sees the whole picture ( thankful for the reminder tonight)
mom did get healed and was made whole- i believe that with my whole being.

I would be lying if I said it is easy now- no at times I miss her so much- and just want her to be here and enjoying life- there is so much she has missed out on over the last year and half- can not change it- but knowing she is not in pain- and her body is whole is helpful-

Keep praying for that healing - don't ever give up- may not always be the outcome we like or want - we need to pray fervently and aggressively and submissively- not my will God but yours.

Do you believe in miracles? I do - see them everyday- believe in your miracle today- you know if you look in the mirror you are a miracle - you woke up and looked in the mirror and saw a miracle.

 

No comments: