Thursday, June 21, 2012

Learning as I go

Sometimes you need the counsel of those who have had more experience as a parent to help you through- grant it I have only incorporated a new technique today it seems to be working well- and I am not stressed-
You see recently Marcus and I have been very busy and on the go- fortunately we are slowing down a little- however he has been tired and his attitude and disrespect stinks- talking back- rude- rolling eyes- grunting - attitude - and the list goes on- I get that he is tired- but he is also suppose to work on coping skills so he can work through it when it is harder-
We have been through a lot- and yet this stage is driving me nuts- hopefully he will learn quickly - I mean I have taught him about respect and what is to be expected and yet he still thinks my standards are going to change- I don't think so-

me being tired does not help the cause either- cause I know how much energy it takes to work with him-

learning as I go- i need a parenting handbook- i know its the Bible- who would think I am studying to be a parenting coach and yet still need some help myself- its all good-

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We are all learning as we go! I feel like we relearn things all the time...the kids as well as myself!