Friday, January 27, 2012

A year ago

Well last year at this time I was packing a suitcase and filling it with "safe" items for Marcus to have while he was at Manatee Palms- wow I can not believe it- still brings tears to my eyes thinking I left him for 5 months-I remember that January 28th vividly - like slow mo
I placed his bags in the car the night before as I did not want him to see them. I was honest with what was going on but did not want suitcases to fly at me.
We got up - got in the car and headed south in which I was told many times he did not want to go- I understood - part of me was crumbling- I know I was doing the right thing although it hurt so much.
as I sit and type I am very tearful- many thoughts run through my head right now-
I picked up my sister at work at she drove with me- it was quite an interesting drive as Marcus talked about Fort Desoto as we headed over the skyway- I was texting ( not me my sister) with Pastor Gray - he had called at the top of the skyway-
we got there and Marcus was fine until... I started filling out the paperwork and he went off the wall - saying he was not staying and all of that- the person doing the admittance did not fade her- she just kept going with it- she said no worries normal behavior- then he started hitting the ceiling with whatever was in the room. he would not stop so help was brought it in. finished filling out the paperwork and then found him said I would see you soon and love you- he asked for me to come back that night- I said I could not. He told me not to leave I said I needed to.

then my neck was so tight aye aye and the rest of the day was a blur

Now a year later - he is on honor roll, in mainstream classes, only on 2 meds and is sooo much fun to have around. So thankful for what God had supplied to us. I am truly amazed

My mom would be so proud- I miss the fact she can not see how well he is doing- she was able to see a little bit but not the whole package.

What a difference a year makes

No comments: