Sunday, November 18, 2012

If this day would have never happened

I would have never met Sonia or Shannon at Aberdeen- who poured into Marcus' life-
and to this day are a apart of his life (Kindergarten)

I would have never met - Susan Crossley- Andrew Carini- Kris Madley. These people poured countless hours into our lives from 1st grade through 5th grade. We would not be where we are today. These awesome people took the time to watch Marcus after school when he was suspended from the bus or child care- they took the time to be with Marcus when he had issues on the bus and I had to pick up at the bus stop- I was able to call on them when Marcus took off from his before care. They helped in getting the much additional help that he needed when the time came. These people are dedicated to the students they teach and support- they are life changers- I believe these people will be apart of our lives forever

I would have never met the staff of Baycare Recovery Center or Baycare Behavioral Health- they are dedicated into helping those who can not help their selves- they assist in getting people on the right path and working with you- they have a difficult task at hand and do want the best for you

Manatee Palms and Miss Carmen I would have never met- someone who is dedicated to getting kids and teens on the right track

I would have never be able to talk with others about what they go through and letting them know they will make it to the other side- that it will be ok

I would have not crossed paths with Gig and Mo- or as we affectionately call Coach Gig and Auntie Mo. Gig has been there through some rough times - very supportive very encouraging but also very firm- Marcus loves him and looks up to him- He is an awesome mentor and great coach- he pours into the kid's lives in which he comes in contact with. They are an awesome addition to our family.

So today I am thankful for a life changing day 7 years ago at 11:30 in the morning on November 18th.

that was then

 this is now

2 comments:

Sonya Britt said...

:)
<3
Think about you often! It's so nice to see you all doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing this smile on his face. What an awesome journey you all have been on. I am privliged to have been a part of it. Lots of love to you both!
Sonya Britt