Thursday, September 15, 2011

An awesome day yesterday

Marcus once again has made me proud- he woke up great yesterday- he did all he needed to do yesterday- did all his homework- he was able to work through some anger or what he calls being so furious. we talked on the way home from when I picked him up and he was like ok mommy time to let it all go - let it go into the universe where it will be gone- here it goes 1, 2, 3 gone past jupiter gone past neptune and now past the planet no longer pluto- yes this is what he said - my anger is gone- and then he laughed. I was like amazed and so proud of him - high-fived him gave him kudos and was like wow we are making so much headway

then it happened last night after church we had a moment- a shortlived anger moment- i am so tired i could fall over moment- and you thought it was the end of his world that he could not make the right choices all day - he thought he failed- he failed to keep his promise he said-
so the kind mom i am said do not allow this one brief moment of anger allow you to be defeated- you had an awesome day and you should be so proud of yourself- remember we are going to make mistakes - get up brush yourself off and try tomorrow again- but do not allow this moment to lose sight of the fantastic day you had. I am so very proud of you

he got up got ready for bed and said mommy please pray for me- and thank you- i said but of course and you are so welcome-
I love that young man and all the craziness he has caused in my life- why cause i see who he is becoming-

No comments: