Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ok so we are learning

ok- so Marcus was having slight moment last night because he was not listening and I had to change my tone of voice to get him to know I meant business- oh he did not get aggressive or such - he just started to shut down and not talk to me- so I sent him to his room- and guess what I did not follow- I remained calm as he stewed- I asked him to come back down and he was still ugly attitude and angry- however- the brilliant person I am (lol) stayed calm and thought - so I sent him to his room to play basketball- small soft ball with a basket on his bathroom door- about 20 minutes later called him down- he was calm- we talked- he was upset with my tone of voice- I said I understand but I had to change my tone so you would get that I wanted you to pay attention- I said I was not angry and that I usually tell him when I am getting angry- He agreed and said he understood that he was not listening-

So needless to say- I am learning to stay calm and watch and help him cope so we do not have outbursts and he is actually following through- So far the eggshell walking is not happening- :)

No comments: