Friday, April 9, 2010

Encouraging and Embracing

As I sat watching track practice my mind began to wonder as I was thinking of all the things I need to do or that need to get done- plus about dreams and goals and what God has for my life now- practice is a wonderful time to just think- for me-
As I am thinking I begin to listen to Coach Gig and what he is speaking to the kids-He treats each one the same-expecting their best effort- expecting respect-and it does not matter their skill level.
He loves on them and encourages them- He wants what is best for them and he wants the best from them.
Just when they feel like giving up he is there- helping them get through the pain of practice- teaching them what to do when they get a cramp- He is guiding them-helping them and telling them to hold on and not give up-
As I watched this it was like God saying see what I am doing- See I am here to guide you - encourage you - I want what is best for you- Do not give up( I was not giving up anything) keep holding on- I want your best. I will help you I will give you strength I will encourage you-You just need to keep talking with me - Keep pressing into me Keep listening to me.
Ahhh the love of our Father- the simple thing of a track practice to remind us(me)

No comments: