Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A year ago today

My momma left this earth- its a sad day today when I think of her- I have learned a lot through the year- I have a big hole in my heart and it hurts when I think of her- right now it hurts quite a bit-
I have come to appreciate my family and friends so much more- I love my family and friends - what would I do with out them- I do not know- I appreciate life more now then ever
I miss my mom's phone calls- I would usually call her on my way home to pick up Marcus-
I miss this time of the year with her as we would go clothes shopping for the kids for school- we would find the sales- {smile}
She would be so proud of Marcus and how successful he has become- Look mom we made it to Middle School can you believe it? and No special classes all regular- well we may be in AP math.
I am sure she was laughing hysterically as we cooked the Turkey in the driveway last year and probably was thinking what are they doing to my kitchen- she always would say get out of the kitchen- And the words of my mom when the kids ask where something goes- In the Oven we still say it and we laugh all over again.

I think of the day she was no longer with us - I can remember it like yesterday- time stood still that day.

Marcus and I got up and went to the hospital and sang to mom and then the Drs spoke to us and said they needed to speak with dad- we waited there and spoke with the Dr and her the news we need to make a decision in the nex 24 hours- well, not the new we were hoping for. So Marcus and I went and prayed with mom and went on to church- My phone rang as I was leaving service and it was dad and said to get back to the hospital it is not looking good- arrived at 1 pm- mom was gone at 1:25pm.
I was able to hold her hand until her body shut down and that was precious to me- Called Adam and let him know and then he let my Celebration Family know-  Bekah came and stayed with us for a bit then Pastor Gray met up with us at the house- a flood of comments on my facebook page was so comforting- met up with Chrsty Cain in the evening and sat and talked for 2 hours and then the police thought we were trouble makers in the Target parking lot {smile}Yes this day is forever etched in my mind.
I often look at her picture and ask her why she had to leave us so soon there was so much more to share. Never have gotten an answer I just know mom is well and whole- as she was sick and let no one know it and we did not know how long this was going on. No more pain

I love you momma- always in my heart- miss you much

No comments: