Friday, July 6, 2012

Single Parenting is not for sissies

Yes I know parenting in general is difficult- and I also know this is the path which I chose- come on I am a little bit crazy adopting a child as a single parent and you know I only have 1 child - so my hat tips for single parents with more then 1 child-
so why the post on single parenting- just what I have been feeling lately- some people get what I go through others do not so let me enlighten you on a typical week for us. I know why am I telling you this not for sympathy or empathy - actually this is just helping me vent out what has been going on with me- so if you are a married couple and are parenting keep working together on it- and tag team-work together -utilize one another as a strength
this post maybe because we are just going through the growing pains of becoming a tween- really I think I like the aggression better- no not really but man this disrespect and talking back has got to go-
He will get that it is not cool- consistency with consequences and just not tolerating it is what we are working on- I sure hope it clicks soon-
there are days where I wish there was a dad in the picture so I could just say here please take him and have a nice chat with him- but that is not the case so I keep working through-
ask for advice when I need it and incorporate other wisdom when I need too.

is it hard being a single parent yes yes it is- I get tired and worn out- how is that possible
our days begin during the week by having breakfast and being on the road by 6 am- drop him off and then get to work by 7 am- work all day then pick him up by 4pm and depending on the day we either- have errands to run- track practice- cleaning the house- or church- then home for dinner- hang out go over things and deal with misbehavior in the midst of it all- then we may have orthodontist appt or therapy session- again I know this is life and working through it- just days that get to you that is all- and trust me the days now are so much more enjoyable then days previous- I love that young man and so proud to be his momma- however this momma better get a some more respect-

No comments: